ABOUT OUR CHAPTER
The Peel and Neighbouring Area (PANA) Chapter was founded in 2009 and is comprised of a very diverse group of individuals practicing infection control. Over the last few years our membership has grown. Members represent hospitals, public health, nursing homes, pre-hospital group (fire, police, EMS), community care and industry. New members and visitors are always welcome.
- Acute Care
- Long Term Care
- Complex Continuing Care
- Mental Health
- Provincial Government
- Public Health
- Private Industry
- Correctional Services
- Community Organizations
- Regional Infection Control Networks
BENEFITS OF JOINING IPAC PANA
- Networking with colleagues who share your interests and concerns in the workplace
- Problem-solving sessions are a component of each meeting
- Education sessions are held at each meeting, covering current infection control issues
- To promote IPAC Canada as the national body of experts in infection prevention and control.
- To initiate and develop effective communication between infection prevention and control professionals to share knowledge and experience and promote IPAC PANA members as the local experts in infection prevention and control.
- To encourage the development and standardization of effective and rational infection control programs in the health care facilities and agencies.
- To support seminars for ICPs sponsored by local, provincial, and national groups.
- To improve the knowledge and skills of ICPs to provide quality infection control to the consumers of health care in Peel and neighbouring area.
- To heighten community awareness through education on infection prevention and control and the implications on the health and well-being of the residents within our community.